J. Dickson McLean
Dickson is a business lawyer with over 30 years of experience, and focuses on corporate and real estate law, including business transactions and commercial real estate transactions as well as general corporate representation of closely held businesses and business owners, and disputes among business owners and between businesses. Dickson also represents financial institutions and borrowers in loans and loan workouts, and assists nonprofit organizations with formation and corporate governance.
Dickson practiced for many years with two large North Carolina law firms and a large international law firm in Charlotte and Wilmington before joining Block, Crouch, Keeter, Behm and Sayed, LLP in 2022. He and his wife have two adult daughters, and he enjoys hunting, fishing and other outdoor activities.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law (J.D., 1989)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Kenan-Flagler Business School (M.B.A., 1989)
- Davidson College (B.A. in Economics, 1985)
Admitted to Practice
- North Carolina State Bar, 1989
- United States District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of North Carolina
Honors and Distinctions
- Best Lawyers in America
- AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- UNC Chapel Hill School of Law, Journal of International Law, Staff Member
- Silver Beaver Award, Boy Scouts of America
Professional and Personal Affiliations
- North Carolina Bar Association
- New Hanover County Bar Association
- Board Member and Secretary, Lumber River Conservancy
- Elder, Hope Community Church
- Board Member, Cape Fear Council, BSA
- Former Chairman, Wilmington Business Development
- Former Chairman, Greater Wilmington Chamber of Commerce
- Former Board Member, Cape Fear Area United Way
- Former Board Member, Good Shepherd Center Foundation, Inc.