Jamie S. Getty
Custody and Child Support
Alimony and Equitable Distribution
Premarital and Separation Agreements
Jamie practices in the area of family law, including divorce, equitable distribution, alimony, child support and child custody.
Jamie prepares pre-marital agreements and separation agreements, assists with adoptions and name changes, and litigates all family law issues. She also provides representation to those involved in incompetency and guardianship proceedings and child abuse and neglect cases involving the Department of Social Services.
Jamie was born in Winston-Salem in 1981. After completing her undergraduate degree, Jamie worked in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania as a legislative aide at the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. Jamie returned to North Carolina in 2006 to become a member of the Charter Class of Elon University School of Law. She previously practiced as an associate attorney with Speaks Law Firm, P.C., in Wilmington. Jamie has been an associate in the firm since 2012.
- Elon University School of Law (J.D., 2009)
- Salem College (B.A., 2004)
- Cottey College (2002)
Admitted to Practice
- North Carolina State Bar, 2010
Honors and Distinctions
- Legal Elite – Young Gun, Business NC, 2015
Professional and Personal Affiliations
- North Carolina Bar Association
- New Hanover County Bar Association, Member (Family Law and Young Lawyer Sections)
- NCAWA, Coastal Women Attorneys Chapter Member 2016-present
- New Hanover County Board of Elections Secretary, 2015-present
- North Carolina Commission on Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities and Substance Abuse Services, Member 2015-18
- 980 WAAV Barely Legal weekly broadcast co-host 2012-15
- March of Dimes Board of Directors 2012-13
- Elon Law Federalist Society, Founder
- Philanthropic Education Organization for Women, Member since 1999