Melissa D. Wright
Custody and Child Support
Alimony and Equitable Distribution
Premarital and Separation Agreements
Family Law Mediation
Melissa is an experienced family law litigator, certified family financial mediator, collaborative family law attorney, and parenting coordinator.
Melissa practiced family law for 12 years in Mecklenburg County before moving to Wilmington in 2015. Melissa litigates primarily in New Hanover and Brunswick Counties. She is frequently appointed as a parenting coordinator to assist parents with complying with court orders and to communicate and cooperate more effectively about their children.
Melissa was born in East Patchogue, New York in 1974. She previously owned a solo practice, Melissa Wright Law, PLLC in Charlotte, where she practiced law for about 10 years. She has been Of Counsel in the firm since 2015. Melissa is married and has one child.
- Cumberland School of Law of Samford University (J.D. cum laude, 2003)
- Pfeiffer University (B.A. Political Science magna cum laude, 1998)
Admitted to Practice
- North Carolina State Bar, 2003
- United States District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina, 2003
- Certified Family Financial Mediator
- Certified Parenting Coordinator
- Collaborative Divorce Attorney
Professional and Personal Affiliations
- North Carolina Bar Association
- New Hanover County Bar Association
- NCAWA, Coastal Women Attorneys Chapter, Member since 2015 and Secretary 2017-18
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Advocate for Change and Participate for Bike MS 150, Walk MS and Challenge Walk 50, 2002-present